Saturday 9 June 2012

Smarties Birthday Cake

It was my step Dads  birthday again (the big monkey cake was for him last year - click here to see that cake). As I had been really busy at work I had not had time to order the sugar-paste icing that I normally would to make a cake. So instead I came up with the idea of a smarties cake as I had seen it on the net and wanted to try it for myself!


To start, I made a basic chocolate sponge cake. Using my wizzy Cake Leveller from Lakeland (Click here for more info) I cut the cake in the middle and filled it with chocolate icing and then the same around the outside of the cake. Then the fun began...


 I first of all put Cadburys Chocolate Fingers around the outside of the cake...

I then tipped out all the Smarties into a bowl, made an 'M' shape with blue Smarties (M for Malcolm) and then filled in the gaps with the other coloured Smarties.

It was really easy and very effective. You need to be sure to check the amount of each colour Smartie you have to be sure there is enough the complete a whole row - orange is the worst for the amount you get, as you can see I have no orange row -  I just had to eat them of course!! A quick and tasty cake that looks great in no time at all! Yummy Yummy!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...