Sunday 20 November 2011

My first ever Patchwork Quilt

FINALLY, I FINISHED IT!!!!






I started this project early January and have finally finished it now in November. I had a long break from it while I did other crafts, but a couple of weeks ago I decided it was time to finally finish the patchwork quilt.


I am so pleased with it, especially as I am a complete patchwork beginner and did it completely unaided (except with the help of Kirstie's Homemade Home book).






I started by cutting all the fabric into squares the same size (you can buy bundles of fabric which have already been cut for you). I then sewed these altogether - which took the longest time.


I then purchased some wadding and the backing fabric, which you can see below.



After this, I used a fixing spray that I brought from Homebase to secure it all together while I pinned and then sewed across the patches.

I then added a border around the edge of the quilt, before adding my 'Love Lorna' label.


I am very pleased with the final result, and even though I plan on making more quilt, this one is just for me :o) 


Here it is in pride of place, where it will live from now on! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...