Thursday 25 August 2011

Personalised Pillows!

So I needed to make a quick and easy present and saw in a magazine 'LOVE' spelt out with cushions. I loved the cushions and so thought that would be a nice idea. It turned out to be VERY easy to make - what we like to hear!



This is the first one that I made. Personally, I feel it is a little too thin. I needed to make the fabric sections bigger so that when I sewed up the edges, a larger amount of fabric would be left to stuff.


Here's how I made it:
  1. Get a piece of card and draw out a thick letter that you are going to make for your cushion. Cut it out.
  2. Draw around the card letter onto a piece of fabric. Then turn the card over and draw round it again (these will be the two sides you join together).
  3. Place the two pieces of fabric together, back to back making sure that the design side of the fabric is on the inside.
  4. Pin around the edges.
  5. Sew along the edges, leaving a small gap for turning the letter the right way out.
  6. Stuff your cushion and then sew together.
  7. With the gap left, I added in my own 'Love Lorna' badge and sewed it altogether.
  8. Simple!

This is my second attempt, I am more pleased with the thickness of this one. I realised that you could copy any font that you liked. All you would need to do is to either print out the letter in the correct font and that would be your template or draw the font onto the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...