Saturday 10 September 2011

Nautical Whale Brooch

Do you like my latest Flower brooch?



I brought some lovely navy blue ribbon to make another flower brooch with. I decided the white ribbon would compliment the navy really well. After I had made it I was in search of the perfect button but couldn't find anything that completed it nicely. Therefore I decided to make my own! 



The flower brooch was created in exactly the same way as I had done with the previous brooches. For the button, I got a metal button frame from my local haberdashery store and followed a whale cross-stitch pattern that I had to modify to make it smaller. I then wrapped the cross-stitching around the button frame and Hey Presto, one whale button!! I then sewed it onto my flower brooch. 



I will be putting this brooch up for sale in my Folksy Shop (click here) which if sold, will go to my chosen charity Giving Africa as part of my Om Yogathon - Check out my early post for more info on this.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...