Thursday 27 October 2011

Wedding Cupcakes

Hi everyone! Huge apologies for my absence I have been so busy what with a new term starting. I have also been busy wedding planning for my wedding next August! I have however, been busy as always doing lots of different crafty bits, I just have not had time to upload them.


As its half term week  I can share with you something special my cousin and I have been doing....


My aunty got married on Friday 21st October 2011, and she decided not to have a wedding cake (crazy, I know). So my lovely cousin Holly and I decided that this would be too strange and as she has just as much love for baking as I do, we decided on the crazy task of making enough cupcakes for everyone at the wedding...Thats 90 people!!!


A week before the wedding we decided to have a rehersal of the cupcake mix and the decorating to check all was ok (any excuse to bake). And this is what we produced:


We used blue and red for the rehersal, but for the actual wedding we used black and red as my aunties dress was a beautiful black Vivienne Westwood and she had red roses as a theme.


We decorated some of the cakes with dried roses that we created by coating the petals in egg whites and sugar:





We then decorated the other cupcakes with roses we made from sugarpaste. Each one we hand crafted:


This is a picture of the actual 83 cupcakes (we ran out of icing for the remaining 7) and the mini cutting cake on the top complete with stand... What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...