Saturday 5 November 2011

Hi Everyone! I hope you are having a lovely autumn day. I have a couple of thing I want to share with you this  of things I have been doing this week...


First up,last Saturday I travelled to London's Olympia where the Yoga Show was being held and took part in the Om Yogathon 2011! This was where lots of people did 108 Sun Salutations lead by top Yoga teachers to raise money for a charity of their choice. I chose Giving Africa which is a charity that raises money to help build schools in Africa. It took 2 1/2 hours to complete and I have raised over £200 (accurate total to come later). I was very pleased with myself for completing it, and for raising lots of money.



Secondly, last Sunday I was feeling really chilly so decided to make myself some homemade soup. I saw a man demonstrating making soup at the Yoga show and it really inspired me. I had never made soup before but with the help of my chef fiance and a bit of guessing it turned out lovely! Here are the steps:



1. Chop up the veg in your fridge with a bit of garlic, add to a pan and allow the veg to gently "sweat" in a little oil.
2. After the veg has started to brown, add a little veg stock.
3. After about 5 mins (veg getting soft), add it all to a blender.


4. Whizz it for a little while.


5. There you have it! A lovely veg soup, perfect for my lunch!
You can sieve it after if you don't want any bits in it, but I quite liked the bit :o)


IT TASTED YUMMY YUMMY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...