Sunday 11 December 2011

The Very Hungry Caterpillar!!

Yesterday it was my friends baby's first birthday so I wanted to make him something really special. She was at my other friends baby shower who I made my first ever quilt for, and she loved it so much, I decided to make one for her baby. Here it is:




As you can see, I purchased The Very Hungry Caterpillar (TVHC) Panel which has a butterfly at the top...


...and a caterpillar at the bottom. It also has a grassy effect around the edge of the two creatures.




I also purchased the back fabric which is part of TVHC set. Surprisingly the back fabric was almost twice as expensive as the front!



You might also be able to spot in the corner of the back fabric my 'Love Lorna' label :o) 


I filled the middle with the thickest wadding that I could find as I wanted him to be nice and cosy in these cold winter months. 


From personal experience, the quilt might seem thin, but it is so warm! If I'm feeling a bit chilly at night, I put my patchwork quilt over me and I'm soon toasty. 


I hope you like my quilt, I may make one to think about selling soon....:o)


Love Lorna xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...